Enosoft Users Group Forum Index Enosoft Users Group
high performance tools for music and video

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where do we post our results of using Beta program?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enosoft Users Group Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrStoney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Where do we post our results of using Beta program? Reply with quote

I just downloaded the DV processor beta program. I guess this is where I post questions and my findings? I tried to post in the beta area but it said that I need special permission to post there. I've been using DV rack at my day job for around a year now. I am excited to find a product that can do similar things with "hopefully" a cheaper price. I am currently running DV processor on a Turion 64 laptop with a 1 gig of ram and a 5400 sata HD.
I have only messed with it for a day.
Here is what I found so far:

1. I had to activate the video proc amp, even if I didn't adjust anything. If the video proc amp wasn't activated I got a lot of dropped frames which resulted in unusable audio. The video looked OK, but the audio was choppy.

2. It seemed that the video was washed out. Adjusting the contrast or luma/gain seemed to help. Is the software adding some kind of set-up?

3. I captured just over an hour, twice. When I tried to import that into Premiere Pro 1.0, I got the full file, but the video would freeze at around 5 minutes. The audio would continue to play. In windows media player, the file played fine. I haven't tried quicktime player yet. I plan to also try movie maker and liquid edition 6.1. Liquid Edition is my preferred NLE and is on my main editor. I just haven't transferred the files over yet to see how they import.

I will try to post more as I get to play with the program more.

Thanks,

David
JohnnyMalaria
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Where do we post our results of using Beta program? Reply with quote

MrStoney wrote:
I just downloaded the DV processor beta program. I guess this is where I post questions and my findings? I tried to post in the beta area but it said that I need special permission to post there.

Thanks for downloading!

I have granted you posting permission for the beta group.

MrStoney wrote:
I've been using DV rack at my day job for around a year now. I am excited to find a product that can do similar things with "hopefully" a cheaper price. I am currently running DV processor on a Turion 64 laptop with a 1 gig of ram and a 5400 sata HD.
I have only messed with it for a day.
Here is what I found so far:

1. I had to activate the video proc amp, even if I didn't adjust anything. If the video proc amp wasn't activated I got a lot of dropped frames which resulted in unusable audio. The video looked OK, but the audio was choppy.

That's definitely odd. With no processing functions enabled, anything you capture should be a straight copy of what ever is arriving at the Firewire port. i.e., a standard capture.

Is the HD internal?

Are you capturing to Type1 or Type2 DV-AVI? Does the problem occur with both types?

MrStoney wrote:

2. It seemed that the video was washed out. Adjusting the contrast or luma/gain seemed to help. Is the software adding some kind of set-up?

No, it doesn't add anything unless you tell it to via the Proc Amp settings.

(There is a mistake in the way the Luma Gain is calculated and that has been fixed in the upcoming release).

MrStoney wrote:

3. I captured just over an hour, twice. When I tried to import that into Premiere Pro 1.0, I got the full file, but the video would freeze at around 5 minutes. The audio would continue to play. In windows media player, the file played fine. I haven't tried quicktime player yet. I plan to also try movie maker and liquid edition 6.1. Liquid Edition is my preferred NLE and is on my main editor. I just haven't transferred the files over yet to see how they import.

Have you tried other programs for capturing on your laptop?

MrStoney wrote:

I will try to post more as I get to play with the program more.

Thanks,

David

Thank you!
MrStoney

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a quick test with the 1 hour file that I captured.

I am capturing to the internal HD which is only at about 10% capacity.

I am capturing Type 1 AVI because I know that it should be less processor intensive.

The only other program that I have tried to capture to is Premiere Pro, but I only tried once and it didn't like a live feed from the camera.

All my capturing has been from a live feed from a Sony TRV900.

I keep my computer running very lean. I did have virus scanner running, which may have caused some problems. I'll have to test again and try to disable it before hand.

Last night, I tried to play the file in QT and it lost audio sync about 30 minutes in.

I then imported it into Movie Maker and it imported just fine and played the entire file with sync. So I'm wondering why PPro doesn't like the file. Interesting.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Enosoft Users Group Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: